ε ν α η ε ι ι ε ; η γ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ε ν α η ε ι ι ε ; η γ

Taking place in εναηειιε, ηγ, Roleplay as an adult living in an apartment complex. It's peaceful and chaotic, it's beautiful and ugly, kind and cruel, it will swallow you in and spit you out if you are weak. Welcome to Greenwood Plaza, welcome to εναηειιε

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
About Us...
ε ν α η ε ι ι ε ; η γ Taking place in εναηειιε, ηγ, Roleplay as an adult living in an apartment complex. It's peaceful and chaotic, it's beautiful and ugly, kind and cruel, it will swallow you in and spit you out if you are weak. Welcome to Greenwood Plaza, welcome to εναηειιε
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» In-active/ Active members...
Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) Emptyby Emma Holt Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:04 am

» Piper Mirams
Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) Emptyby Kaine Drago Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:02 pm

» this is how i do it .
Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) Emptyby Emma Holt Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:32 pm

» Activity Check!
Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) Emptyby Kaine Drago Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:26 am

» Piching shoes
Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) Emptyby Piper Mirams Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:47 pm

» New Site (MUST READ)
Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) Emptyby Lovely Love <3 Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:21 pm

» Dylan Adams
Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) Emptyby Lovely Love <3 Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:19 pm

» Who Wants To Party?
Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) Emptyby Cristen Dizon Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:37 pm

» Check It Out
Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) Emptyby Circe Metrione Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:25 pm

Chatbox

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Top posters
Lovely Love <3
Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) Vote_lcapChilling in the Courtyard (Open) Voting_barChilling in the Courtyard (Open) Vote_rcap 
Damian Cliff
Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) Vote_lcapChilling in the Courtyard (Open) Voting_barChilling in the Courtyard (Open) Vote_rcap 
Kaine Drago
Kali Owens
Alanna Rhodes
Honor Langston
Dotzgurl
Chris Van Lowe
Nicki Sweet
glencoco
Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topics
The letter Game
Keep a word, Drop a Word
In My Pants Game
Chilling in the Courtyard (Open)
Moving in, and meeting neighbors...
I can't live here..(Open)
Stupid curbs
I'll figure things out (Open?)
so break my binding and tear my paper, just leave a page to sign your name
One of a Kind...
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 120 on Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:10 am
Affiliates
free forum

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Honor Langston

Honor Langston

Money : 20

Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Chilling in the Courtyard (Open)   Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 12:41 am

"Ya, domang gaji ma!" Honor called after the black and white puppy as he attempted an escape. She noticed the slightest of hesitations in his movements, but he didn't even bother looking behind him as he bolted across the pavement of the courtyard. Narrowing her eyes, Honor practically threw her laptop onto the table she had been sitting at, and then began to fly across the pavement towards her puppy. She knew that even if he didn't understand her words, he was a dog after all, he understood the meaning behind them. As she caught up to the puppy, he tried to speed up and lose her. "Knock it off!" She snapped, stomping on the leash that had once been tied to her chair. It continued sliding for a second before the handle at the end of the length of rope jerked against her foot, effectively halting the little puppy mid-stride and nearly causing Honor to lose her balance.

"Geez, you're impossible, y'know that?" Honor sighed, running a hand through her hair as she stooped down and snagged the leash handle. Turning slowly, the dusty brown 'eyebrows' raised pitifully, Silhaeng attempted to get his way out of trouble by cuteness. Puffing out her cheeks in frustration, Honor closed her eyes as her head swayed slowly from side to side. She had thought taking care of a puppy would be easy, since she had been taking care of a kid for ten years now. Only this was, puppies were a heck of a lot more rebellious. Opening one eye, Honor found her heart melting as she made eye contact with Silhaeng.

"Fine, but no more running! I can't stop working every two seconds to chase you down!" She caved, and once more the message had gotten across to her darling dog, who began wagging his tail. Or at least a stump of a tail. His actual tail had been cut off as a puppy by the breeder, in case he was sold to someone who planned on using him as a sheepdog. Honor wished she had been there to stop it, since there wasn't much cause for him to have a super short tail here in New York. Besides, it might even trip up the little guy every once in a while.

Nodding her head in the direction of the table she had been sitting at, Honor started striding back across the pavement with Silhaeng hopping around at her feet. She carefully managed to keep his leash from getting tangled in her legs, allowing her to arrive at the table with no casualties. Smiling at Silhaeng apologetically, she tied the leash around her chair once more and pushed the chair back until it's flimsy plastic legs were wobbling on the hind two. For a split second she felt like she was going to fall backwards, and then her knees caught on the bottom of the table and held her in place. She ought to take Silhaeng somewhere soon, like a park. Keeping him cooped up in an apartment complex was no good, even if she did spend most of her time in the courtyard due to both the high level of her apartment and her refusal to use an elevator.

"If I get in an elevator, I run the risk of-" Honor paused her thought to shudder and place the laptop onto her legs, warming them up from the mechanical heat "meeting people. In close quarters, too" she finished, shuddering once more at the thought of being so close to someone. She hated crowds, even if it only consisted of herself and one more person. One person was one too many.

((OOC: Meh, figured I'd stop stalking the forum and actually get a thread started. I know this is probably a weird post, since I'm not used to rping. Mostly I just write fan fics...))
Back to top Go down
Kaine Drago

Kaine Drago

Money : 41

PostSubject: Re: Chilling in the Courtyard (Open)   Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 1:20 pm

Kaine had been sitting at a table in the courtyard just relaxing and enjoying his evening when he heard a girl yelling. It roused him from his slight slumber. It didn't exactly bother him or anything, he wasn't in a deep sleep of any kind, he had just been curious as to what was going on. The girl was chasing a puppy. A cute little puppy, that seemed just about like it was a rebel thing. It was smart too, cause it recognized what the girl was saying. Not even Kaine knew what the girl had said. It sounded like some weird language that he didn't know. He watched the scene unfold before him and he laughed. It was kind of cute actually. He thought about what had happened for a little while, before deciding to just close his eyes once again and leaning back. That was something that he would probably not want to do, in the long run. He was just about to get going again, and something bugged him.

He looked across at the girl again. She seemed a bit awkward, like she didn't like people, and she preferred to be by herself. That was almost Kaine's case as well. Except he worked with people, A LOT. he couldn't help it though. That's what he and his family had been doing for near seventeen centuries. He decided he was curious as to what this girl was all about and wanted to talk with her. So he got up quietly and walked over to the puppy that was tied to the girl's chair, not exactly well either, cause the puppy was probably already planning another escape. He smiled as he reached the small thing, and knelt down to it.

"You are just a little runner aren't you?" He said to the small dog as he scratched it between the ears. The little dog seemed friendly enough, and didn't bite Kaine or scratch him or anything. So he continued petting it and talking to the dog. "Yeah, i know how you feel though. All cooped up and no place to go. It's hard living like that. But hey, don't worry, it gets better. I promise." He said as he smiled to the dog. It gave a bark and wagged it's stump at him. He laughed lightly and scratched its head again.
Back to top Go down
Honor Langston

Honor Langston

PostSubject: Re: Chilling in the Courtyard (Open)   Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:26 pm

Honor sighed and removed her glasses from her face to rub at her eyes. Staring at a computer screen really wasn't good for her already poor eye sight. Maybe if she complained about that to her students they would stop goofing off in class and giving her more work. Unlikely, seeing as all her other attempts to get through to them had been utter failures. Maybe she had just been naive, but she had honestly thought that people would be interested in learning about a new culture and language. Boy had she been wrong. Out of the ten regular students in her class, four chatted throughout the whole thing and two left halfway through the lesson for 'bathroom trips'.

As she replaced her glasses onto her face, she could hear someone walking across the pavement towards her. Tensing up, Honor prayed that they would just walk right by her without a second glance. As the gods would have it, though, the mysterious stranger decided to walk straight up to her. Groaning inwardly, Honor focused intently on the screen of her computer and focused on preparing the power point she had been planning on using for the next lesson. Maybe if she ignored them, they would get bored and just go away.

"You are just a little runner aren't you?" A male voice asked from somewhere down at Silhaeng's level. So he was interested in her dog? Her eyes flickered down to the puppy, who was miraculously on his best behavior. Not that he would ever hurt someone, he was too goodnatured for that, but once in his life could he just growl... or something? Couldn't he understand his master's anxiety at the moment? Actually, he probably could and was just doing this to spite her.

"Make small talk" she ordered herself as she saved the power point and closed the laptop. Mankind had been doing this since the beginning of time, and womankind had perfected it to some sort of an art. So unless she was some sort of alien, she should be able to tap into her inner humanity and find something, anything, to talk about.

"His name is Silhaeng. It's the Korean word for run" Honor managed to squeeze out as she rested the laptop on the table. "A pretty fitting name, don't you think?" She chuckled, smiling as naturally as she could manage down at the man.
Back to top Go down
Kaine Drago

Kaine Drago

PostSubject: Re: Chilling in the Courtyard (Open)   Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:14 am

Kaine couldn't help but smile at the dog. He'd never owned a dog, nor had he ever in fact, been this close to one. Yet for some odd reason, he loved them and he didn't question it one bit. Something just told him that dogs where meant to be with humans, and that was it. He smiled as he pet the little puppy and looked up at the girl who was sitting there. She told him the name of the puppy and explained it too. He couldn't help but laugh when he heard what the name meant. "Ha, yes, i do suppose that it fits rather well." He said through laughter. It was rather funny that he'd called him a runner, when he name meant run.

He looked at this girl for a second though. He didn't really get a good look at her from where he was before, and now that he did, he wasn't disappointed. Sure she wore glasses, and looked a bit awkward, but she was rather pretty. She held a beauty, that she probably wasn't even aware of. She had hidden beauty and Kaine couldn't help but smile at her. He wasn't one that was big on looks or anything like that, but he always found the good in people that he didn't know. Especially people that weren't in his line of work. So he stood up and held his hand out to the girl.

"Name's Kaine Drago. Sorry, to bother you, it's just, I've never even been this close to a dog before, and i was curious. I've never owned one, nor seen one up close before, so i wanted to finally be able to say that i have. If you don't mind that is." He said rambling on about things that meant nothing. "Plus, you look a little stressed out, and I'm guessing it's cause of whatever's on that laptop." He said with a smile and looked at the thing. Looked like a normal laptop that someone that was living off there own hard work would be able to afford. Kaine liked that.

He looked back at the puppy and once again scratched it's ears. "Ya know, i hate to bother you, cause from my guess, it looks like you don't like people much, but would you like to take a walk? Even if just around the courtyard?" He asked the girl. He wanted to talk with this girl, she seemed like she had a rather interesting background, and he wanted to know if she was working to earn her money and living an honest life. Cause from what he saw, she was, and he liked that.

He looked down at the puppy again, and smiled, that dog gave him another excuse. "Plus, it kind of seems like your puppy is a little pent up, and tired of staying in one spot. He is still a being that needs to be able to move around once in a while. Even if just for a walk. I don't know about you, but I'd hate to have to stay in one place for a long long time. It would bother me a bit." He said with a huge smile. He wasn't trying to be mean to the girl, or judge her cause of what she did, but rather, he was trying to coax her into taking a walk with him. "But, if you really don't want to, i understand."
Back to top Go down
Honor Langston

Honor Langston

PostSubject: Re: Chilling in the Courtyard (Open)   Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:17 pm

Honor found that she was having difficult making eye contact with him, although that wasn't uncommon when she was confronted by the opposite gender. She tended to get extremely flustered around guys simply because it was so rare for them to speak to her. It was also what led her to a lot of heart break, because up until she hit eighteen she had mistaken 'flustered' for 'love'. On many an occasion had she been turned down by a guy who had thought a simple hello was nothing but that, simple and unimportant. It also didn't help if the boy was good looking, which was a given in this case.

When he introduced himself, she filed away his name in her brain to call upon later and then listened to the rest of what he had to say. Honor was surprised that he had never even gotten close to a dog before. They were pretty common, and all of the dogs she had ever met were extremely friendly. Including the little guy she owned that was lapping up the attention Kaine was giving him. Well, at least he was getting to meet people besides his master. Even dogs needed a social life... she supposed.

When Kaine mentioned her laptop, she nodded sheepishly and glanced over at the hunk of hardware. She loved teaching, it was what she had been wanting to do since she was a kid, but somehow it just didn't work out like in the movies. It was stressful, which Kaine had picked out right off the bat, and a walk sounded nice. Besides, she did feel bad about keeping Silhaeng tied up like this all the time.

"A walk would be a nice change of pace, for the both of us" Honor agreed, smiling at Kaine as she snatched up her laptop bag from the table. Slipping the hunk of hardware inside, she zipped up the black fabric and carefully lowered all four legs back onto the ground. Leaning down she untied the very excited Silhaeng from her chair, making sure to keep a tight hold on his leash. As soon as the little guy felt the first among of slack on his leash he attempted to make a run for it, only to find his claws scrabbling against the pavement as Honor kept a firm hold on his leash.

"Walk, Silhaeng. Not run from the devil" she sighed, reigning in the excited puppy. "My name is Honor Langston, by the way" she introduced, returning Kaine's smile. "So, I guess you'll lead the way" she said, swinging the laptop bag onto her shoulder, which she promptly shrugged. She had never been good at this sort of thing, so letting Kaine, who seemed like he knew what he was doing, take the lead was probably a good plan.

Back to top Go down
Kaine Drago

Kaine Drago

PostSubject: Re: Chilling in the Courtyard (Open)   Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:00 pm

Kaine smiled at the girl. She was really socially awkward, and he guessed, it was even worst with guys. He was probably right, but he wouldn't say anything about it. She seemed to be processing all of his words, and he couldn't help but smiled a large and undeniably brilliant smile. It was one of his best features, his smile. He stood up after a while though, for he did in fact invite the girl for a walk, so it would have been a bit hard if he was crouched down like he was. So, he straightened himself and stepped back a bit, so that she wouldn't hit him when she move to get up. She was small, and he liked that about her. He didn't think he'd ever met someone as small as her though.

Kaine stepped even further back as she moved. He looked down at the little dog as she grabbed a hold onto his leash. The little thing tried to escape again, the signs of something that was rebellious and wanted to do as it please. The thing was much like himself. He liked the little puppy and smiled as she said to walk and not run. She sounded like a teacher correcting a student in the hall way that was running to get to a class. He smiled at that thought in his head, for he was someone that ran to get to class as well.

So he was correct about her laptop. It was the thing that she was frustrated about and he'd guessed correctly. It made him smile and he couldn't help but chuckle a bit. He had always been good a guessing things. "So, i was right. Something on your laptop is frustrating you. Mind if i ask what that may be?" He said softly to her, so as to not make the tension even higher, and make the girl doubt taking a walk with him. Which he was surprised that she had agreed to doing. It was probably the stress that had made her decide to go ahead and do so, but that was okay with him.

So, Kaine started walking forward, and looked back to make sure that she could keep up. He wasn't walking too horribly fast, but he didn't have longer legs than her, and that may make her unable to keep up with him. So he glanced back just to make sure, and he was confirmed once again, she could keep up with him. That made him happy. He wasn't walking too fast for this girl, and that was a good thing. "So, do you not usually talk to other people, or is it just that your so busy you don't have time to?" He asked her the question a little curious as to why he hadn't seen her around the apartment building much. This was the first time he'd seen the girl at all in fact. And he was curious as to why that was.

Kaine looked forward and started paying attention to where he was walking. "Would, you like to walk to any place in particular, or just wonder around anywhere?" He asked her, he wanted to make sure she didn't have any particular destination in mind, that way he could walk with her there, and make a bit of conversation. If not, then that would work out as well, because he would, again, be able to make conversation with this girl. "Oh, and nice to meet you Honor. That is a very unique name. I've never met anyone with that name before. And thank you for accompanying me. I would have been rather bored if i decided to walk, and had no one with me to talk to, and make conversation with. I much rather prefer to be with someone else if i'm taking a walk like this." He said and couldn't help but laugh at his own rambling.
Back to top Go down
Honor Langston

Honor Langston

PostSubject: Re: Chilling in the Courtyard (Open)   Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:23 pm

It hadn't been until they were both standing that she had noticed, but Kaine was considerably taller than herself. Obviously the cause was her stupid genetics that had turned her into a midget, but she would much rather believe that he was just tall. Glancing down at his legs, she wondered if she would be able to keep up with him. Back in school she had always tested herself by trying to keep up with the taller people in her grade, but when she started having to practically sprint down the hallways she gave up and just came to terms with her height. In regards to keeping up with Kaine, though, it seemed like she would have no trouble. Silhaeng was making sure of that.

Eager to keep up with his new friend, the pup had rushed forward and was trotting along at Kaine's heels, obviously enjoying the prospect of a walk. Sighing quietly to herself, Honor allowed Silhaeng to pull her forward slightly so that she was only a few inches behind Kaine. Glancing up, she noticed that he was looking back at her. He must have noticed their height difference too, although it would take a blind person in a full body cast not to notice. When he returned his attention to the front, he started asking her about her social life.

"I'm just a quiet kind of person, I guess" Honor said, shrugging her shoulders. Of course there was more she could say, but she had just barely met Kaine. She wasn't about to launch into her full life's story, especially since it wasn't even all that interesting. "Not really. I just moved here not too long ago, so I haven't gotten much chance to explore. Wandering sounds fine" Honor continued, smiling at Kaine right before he mentioned her name. It wasn't the first time she had heard it be described as interesting, but it was the first time someone had meant it as a compliment.

"Thanks. My dad and mom were both in the army when I was born, so they were all about giving me a name that they felt was a value of our country. Thankfully for my little brother, my parents had been integrated back into normal society before he was born, so he got a normal name" she chuckled. "And it really isn't a problem. I should be thanking you for saving me before my head exploded from all that work" Honor added, grinning at Kaine.

"Speaking of that, you asked me about it earlier. Um, it's a power point that I've been making for school. It's hard planning all the slides out in a way that makes sense, and having to go to Google Translate every few seconds to copy out what I want, since American keyboards don't type in characters, is a pain too" Honor sighed as she absentmindedly tugged on Silhaeng's leash to bring him back from exploring a small clump of dandelions.
Back to top Go down
Kaine Drago

Kaine Drago

PostSubject: Re: Chilling in the Courtyard (Open)   Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:53 am

Kaine had noticed their height difference even while she had been sitting, but that was okay, cause Kaine didn't actually mind the height difference. It was a change for once, compared to the taller girls that Kaine knew, who were usually about five six or so. And someone who was shorter was a good change for him, and he liked the thought of a change in his life. It meant he was still human and was adapting to changes. Although, on the contrary, this girl was rather shy, and didn't exactly like to talk to people, and he suspected that she didn't exactly like talking to him either, but that was okay, he wouldn't bother her that much anyways. Maybe once in a while, and to get her to relieve some stress, but that was about it, he assumed.

Kaine looked down at the pup as it come running up to his ankles. "Well, aren't you just the friendly one? Making a new friend after just meeting him eh? She must not pet you enough huh?" He said with a teasing voice and glancing at Honor when he said it. He just teased her, and yet he didn't even know why he did it. Well that was something different coming from Kaine. He felt his face flush and redden from blood running to it as he realized that he had teased this girl for no reason what so ever, but just cause he could do it. It wasn't a bad teasing either, it was more of a flirtatious teasing.

Kaine listened to her though. "As, i can see. You don't seem to be one, that would have walked up to me, as i did to you. So perhaps it was best that i came over and introduced myself eh?" He said with a wicked smile. The smile spelled out his happiness and his content with himself. It was unusual for Kaine to do something like this though, and doing something different gave him a good feeling in his chest. It made him fonder of the world as he knew it. "Okay, well perhaps you'd like to go to this nice little place i know of. It's a coffee shop, but they don't just sell coffee, they sell food and other drinks as well, i mean, if you don't mind that is?" He said, again his face flushing somewhat. He didn't have a clue in the world why she would come with him, if she did. He couldn't understand himself currently, but it was okay for him, he liked the feeling he was getting right now.

"Ah, your parents were in the military eh? That's something new to me. Never met someone with BOTH parents in the military. I've met individuals who had one parent in the military, but not both. But still, i think that Honor, is a rather unique name, and from it being unique, it holds a certain beauty and passion." he said letting his thoughts become his words, and his words explain his feelings about things. He chuckled as she explained about all the work she had to do. "Well, then in that case, your welcome, but still, Thank you. Not many people would accept an offer to walk with someone they had just met, but then again, weird things happen in this world. So i can't really blame them all too much." He said and let his mind drift off into his thoughts.

"Ah, so you are a student then?" He said asking about her current way of life. He wouldn't call it an occupation if she were a student, because then she'd be a student, and it wouldn't be considered a job. "Ah, so it's another language then? Perhaps Korean? Like your dog's name? I'd be surprised if it was the class you were taking, cause that would make complete sense. I don't mean anything bad by saying it that way mind you. It's just that it seems, orderly? Yeah, that's how i meant it." He said and then drifted off into his thoughts again.

"Ah, you explained your name to me, but i never returned the favor. My name was given to me, by my father. My mother died while giving birth to me, so she couldn't exactly name me now could she?" He said and looked into the distance. "Although, she had three other kids before me. Two brothers, and a sister. But anyways, my name. Kaine. It was one of my father's more favorite characters from mythology. Kaine, like from Kaine and Abel. So, that's were i got my name. Although, my last name is a shorting of Dragon. It's Italian, for Dragon. Hence Drago. But yeah, I'm rambling on about dumb things now. I'll be quiet." He said with a blush on his face and smiled to cover it up.
Back to top Go down
Honor Langston

Honor Langston

PostSubject: Re: Chilling in the Courtyard (Open)   Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 7:52 pm

He was right. If Kaine hadn't come up and spoken to her then there would have been no way she would have done the same. They would be total strangers, and that was sort of a saddening thought. It was nice chatting with Kaine, he was refreshing. Most people who spoke with her danced around and didn't just plow straight through. Kaine was blunt, and it was nice hearing someone be honest about her social issues for once. It meant he understood her, at the very least. He was also right with his second comment. Coffee sounded nice right now, and she had cash on her so it wouldn't be like she was troubling Kaine.

"Not at all. Coffee sounds great" Honor assured him, noticing that his face had flushed a bit. Maybe it was weird being around her? Honor wouldn't be surprised, most people got awkward around because she was so awkward. Focusing on the back of Silhaeng, Honor tried not to think too much about it.

Listening to Kaine talk, it wasn't until he mentioned her name holding 'beauty' and 'passion' that she snapped out of the lull her brain had been put into. Surprised, she raised her eyebrows and glanced over at him in surprise. She had never heard that about her name before, even from her parents. They were all about being an honorable person, and others just said it was plain weird. Nobody had ever called it pretty, let alone beautiful.

"I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I don't know what it's like to lose a parent entirely, but when we lived on the base my parents were always busy. Dad would be off on some drill all the time, and mom spent most of her time at the hospital. Of course they were both still alive, so..." Honor trailed off, not sure of how to respond to this. "Anyway, about what you said earlier. About me being a student? I'm actually one of the teachers over at the high school. You did get the Korean part right, though" Honor explained, smiling at Kaine. "How about you? Are you a student, or do you have a job somewhere?" She asked, wondering what kind of an occupation would interest a guy like Kaine.
Back to top Go down
Kaine Drago

Kaine Drago

PostSubject: Re: Chilling in the Courtyard (Open)   Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:03 pm

Kaine nodded his head to himself. He was assuming that he was right, because of her silence. "Well, don't worry too much about it. I'm sort of socially awkward as well. I don't much bother trying to make friends, cause they don't seem to stick around very much. They all seem to want to go places and do new things all the time. But hey, not going to say anything bad about them, because as i said, they're friends, so, they've earned my respect. But how about you? You going anywhere anytime soon? Or do you WANT to go anywhere?" he asked her out of curiosity. He wanted to know more specifically if she dreamed about going someplace.

"Ah, good. I'll buy then. Got too much money as it is." he said and smiled to her. "And i won't take no for an answer. Please, give me a reason to blow some of my money. Literally has had 17 centuries to build up, so it's not like I've got a shortage of it. So, i insist." He said with a smile, that was mixed with a grin. He wasn't trying to brag about having so much money, but rather, he was trying to get rid of some of it. He had so much money, in so many different bank account, he could probably bail out the united states, four or five times over. And still have money left over that would last a very long time.

Kaine had snapped out of his daze thinking about his money, and then turned his head towards her once again. "Ah, so your a teacher. Very noble. Those who teach, are in turn students themselves. For, as the saying goes, the student shall teach the teacher." He said with a smile on his face and complimented her once again. He thought for a second. Perhaps, do i like this girl? It's a possibility. He snapped himself out of his thoughts quickly and came to. "Ah, my job. How to explain it, in a comfortable form..." He said trailing off into thought once again.

He thought it over for a while and finally came to a conclusion. "Well, i suppose you could say, that I'm in business. One, whom a very little amount of people are in. But rather, to put it bluntly, I'm an Assassin for the Italian mob. I know it sounds kind of scary, but it's not like i enjoy killing. Well, I don't enjoy just going on a rampage, i enjoy it when i complete a mission, but it's usually bad people that i kill. Mostly 98% of the people i kill are corrupt people. The other two percent varies. Sorry, if I'm creeping you out. But there really isn't an easy way to put it. It's all my family has known for all 17 centuries that we've been around. But I'm the last of my family, so no need to worry about meeting any of my family. They were all killed off. Then it was just me and my father, then he was shot to death three years ago. But once again, I'm giving a lot of hard information for you to process. So, i apologize. I don't even honestly know why I've divulged that information to you." He said and looked at her, not menacingly but rather with a pleading look, asking her to understand his situation, and not run anyway screaming bloody murder.
Back to top Go down
Honor Langston

Honor Langston

PostSubject: Re: Chilling in the Courtyard (Open)   Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:39 pm

People were unreliable, it was one of the reasons Honor avoided them. Plenty of her friends had gotten their own schedule which, for the most part, didn't involve her. It always turned out that their plans never involved Honor again, including actually telling her that they were no longer friends. People were a pain, but she would never say anything bad about her old friends. Regardless of the fact that they had drifted apart, they were still important to her and she wouldn't divulge any of their things.

When he offered to pay for her she opened her mouth to object, but quickly snapped it shut when Kaine smiled at her. She hesitantly returned a smile and then lowered her eyes to the sidewalk, counting the cracks they passed as they walked along. Besides, it sounded like he had plenty of money to blow. Of course seventeen centuries was probably a bit of an exaggeration. Who had money just lying around like that? Well, actually, who had that much money just lying around and chose to live in an apartment instead of a mansion. Or if Kaine wasn't exaggerating, three mansions.

When he started talking about his job she eagerly listened, although she was a bit hesitant about how he was building up to it. If this turned out being one of those lines about being a spy for the country or something, her and Silhaeng would gladly pass up the coffee. She had instant in her apartment, it would be no trouble to just brew herself some. Waiting patiently, she gently tugged on the leash to bring the troublesome puppy back from his exploration of a bush.

Listening as Kaine explained, Honor slowly nodded her head and tried not to roll her eyes. Yeah, and assassin for the Italian mob was in America and just happened to be chatting with her. When his story was finished Honor sighed and ran a hand through her hair. She would love to call him out on his corny pick up line, although why anyone would be trying to pick her up was a mystery, but he seemed sort of serious about it. At the very least, he thought he had come up with something creative, and it would be a little mean to burst his bubble.

"Right" was all she managed to get out, keeping her eyes away from Kaine's pleading ones. It made it harder for her to not take him seriously. "I'm not going to say I believe you, because you've got to admit it's a bit much to take in all at once, but I don't necessarily think you're lying either. I guess I'll just think about it and get back to you when I decide if I should run screaming or just pass out on the spot" Honor decided, keeping all sarcasm out of her voice. It wasn't entirely a lie, since that little part of her that still believed in fairy tales did believe him, but she knew she wasn't being entirely honest either.

"Besides, Silhaeng doesn't seem to dislike you. Animals are a good judge of character, y'know" Honor added, gesturing lightly to the puppy that was strutting along beside Kaine.

Back to top Go down
Kaine Drago

Kaine Drago

PostSubject: Re: Chilling in the Courtyard (Open)   Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:14 am

OOC: Sorry it's short. Kinda had to stop my post, cause it would have been god modding, if i said that you walked into the coffee shop ^_^. I try my best to keep from doing that as much as possible.

IC:
Kaine laughed as she denied his story. "So, you don't believe me then?" He said and again laughed. He couldn't help but laugh. "I admit, it does sound a bit, out of place, but as i said, My family is 17 centuries old, you can go ahead and trace it back if you want, and that's what we've been doing since the beginning, and, if you need more proof...."He said and trailed off. He held his arm in front of her face and suddenly a blade was sticking out from under his palm, not from the skin, but from a hidden device inside his clothes. It was a blade of silver, and it was not dull in a single area. "That convincing enough, or would you like to see the three guns on the inside of my coat, the twelve throwing knives, and two combat knives hidden on my person?" He said and looked at her. Again, it was a cold look, but more of a look that said, believe me now?

He pulled his arm back and the blade retracted, and he looked down at the puppy. She was correct, animals were a good judge of character. "Yes, you are correct, animals are good judges of character. But just because I'm an assassin, doesn't mean i'm not a good person. I really am a nice person, but i have a deadly job is all. That's not too bad is it?" He said and looked at her. He wondered if he'd gone too far. "Don't worry, like i said, i don't enjoy killing people that aren't my targets, and currently, your no target of mine." He said with a smile.

Again, he looked at the dog and smiled. "Silhaeng. kein fließendes, verlangsamen und zu gehen." He spoke German to the dog and looked at it, as it looked at him and barked. He then looked at Honor. "Dogs, are more responsive to German, than many other languages, but i don't know Korean, so i can't exactly talk to him in Korean. So, German will have to do for now i suppose eh?" he said with a smile and a laugh. He looked at Honor once again. He couldn't take his eyes off of her for now, and he didn't know why.

"Ya know, even though you seem to not like people, you are rather pretty, beautiful even. Forgive me if i'm being to straight forward, but i like to find beauty in people, especially in the ones that don't think that they are beautiful. So, forgive me if I'm being too blunt." He said and blushed, and turned away from her. He looked in the direction that he was walking. He noticed something quickly. "Ah, here is the coffee shop." He said and turned to his left. It wasn't the biggest place in the world, but it was a coffee shop none the less. He walked up to the door and pulled it open and stood back. "Lady's first." He said with a charming smile.
Back to top Go down
Honor Langston

Honor Langston

PostSubject: Re: Chilling in the Courtyard (Open)   Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:02 am

((OOC: Not a problem. And I'm afraid mine turned out to be long and rambling. Sorry, I'm more used to writing stories than role playing...))

Well, he didn't seem to be taking it too hard. Of course he had found out her skepticism right off the bat, something she had been hoping to hide. She had always had difficult hiding what she felt, though. Her tone just seemed to reflect it all the time, even if she didn't mean for it to. It was curse on her social life that she had lived with for a while, and something she had hoped to have gotten rid of. Apparently she still needed to do some work.

When Kaine stuck his arm out in front of her Honor slowed her pace down so as not to run straight into him, resisting valiantly against the struggling puppy she had on the other end of the leash. It took the last ounce of thinking that Honor had to keep a hold of said leash when the blade came whizzing out from his palm, completely silently. Her eyes widened and she let out a little squeak of fear as every muscle in her body prepped to run as it recognized something that would cause considerable harm to her.

"Yeah, I think that should cover it" Honor mumbled when she had found her voice again. She definitely didn't need to see the tools of Kaine's trade. Glancing up at him, she noticed the look on his face and had to quickly avert her eyes. She definitely believed his story, but she didn't believe he knew how to handle his job. Sure she wasn't an assassin, but even for an untrained bystander like herself it didn't seem smart to carry around that many weapons. There were police around, even if Kaine didn't feel like acknowledging them.

Listening as Kaine talked about Silhaeng, she glanced down at the puppy to see his reaction. Well, at least one of them seemed fine. Apparently the knife hadn't fazed the little guy at all. Of course she hadn't given him any opportunities to learn to be scared of a knife, but if Kaine had meant to hurt her Silhaeng would know. Not that his puppy teeth or baby claws would do much against cold steel, in that aspect Honor was more confident in the fighting skills her dad had taught her. Not that she was any good, which was why her dad had also taught her how to run like hell.

"No. Soldiers kill, too, and I'm positive my dad isn't a bad man" Honor agreed quietly after Kaine assured her she wasn't a target of his. Although that 'currently' wasn't very assuring. Not that she was of enough importance that she would need to be killed, after all, what good could a school teacher be dead?

Pushing aside gruesome thoughts of what those weapons Kaine had listed could do to her, Honor listened as Kain spoke in an unfamiliar language. If she had to place it, it would be German. Shortly after her guessing, Kaine told her that it was, indeed, German. Smiling, she nodded and glanced down at Silhaeng once more. He really had been paying attention to Kaine, although the puppy was idolizing his new found friend at the moment. She was pretty sure the little guy would listen to pig latin if it came from Kaine's mouth.

"What?" Honor asked, her eyebrows knitting together as she tried to process what Kaine had been saying. Something about pretty in relation to herself. As she pieced together what she had said, realization washed slowly over her face, followed quickly by a deep crimson. Biting her bottom lip, she began staring at the sidewalk as though her life depended on her counting every slab of cement. When Kaine moved on to coffee, Honor started praying to every God for saving her from such a weird situation. Kaine was blunt, and she liked that about him, but there were some things that just should not be uttered.

"Thanks" Honor told Kaine when he held the door for her, returning his smile, albeit far less charming. She had yet to master a genuine smile, or at least one that looked natural. After shortening Silhaeng's leash to the point where he was only centimeters away from her ankle, Honor walked into the coffee shop. If nobody complained about the puppy, then she wasn't going to leave him outside. Ignoring the fact that he might be stolen, there were plenty of people who would be happy to kick or otherwise bother the poor guy. Besides, he would probably just find a way to run off again.

"Um, I'll go find us a table if you don't mind getting drinks. I'll be fine with whatever's cheapest, I'm not picky" Honor told Kaine as she edged along the wall of the coffee shop towards the seats. There weren't many people in the coffee shop right now, but there was enough people looking at her to make Honor feel a little uncomfortable. "So... yeah" she finished lamely, guiding Silhaeng over to a table near the corner and by a window. Sitting down, she tied Silhaeng's leash firmly to the bar on the underside of the table, keeping him underneath the table and up against the wall.
Back to top Go down
Kaine Drago

Kaine Drago

PostSubject: Re: Chilling in the Courtyard (Open)   Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:27 am

OOC: Lol, it's no problem. Sometimes I've had longer posts than that. Perhaps fourteen or fifteen Paragraphs long. But that was a long time ago. Lol.

IC:
Kaine looked at her. She was in shock at the sight of the glinting silver blade. But who wouldn't be? He didn't really blame her for being scared of it. He could tell that she wasn't someone who would be very brave in the face of death, but then again, Kaine's attitude towards death had been changed, so it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Kaine smiled again to cover up his thoughts, he was good at covering up his emotions when he wanted to do so. That wasn't his problem, his problem was sometimes his emotions got away from his control and he didn't know how to reel them back in until they were done running their course.

"Yeah, like i said. I'm sorry for frightening you, but your like most people, in that, you didn't believe me. And, there really is only one other way, i know of to make you believe me. But we'll talk of that later, so don't fret over anything." He said with a smile that seemed depressed. He thought about things for too long and had to make himself snap out of the trance that he was in. He looked at her again. "It's really not a bad trade, honestly, and you could make some serious money in it." He said explaining his job to her, for no reason what so ever. If she still didn't believe him, he'd show her something that would make her believe him with her heart and soul, but not until later. He didn't want to frighten the girl, ANYMORE.

"Well, thank you for the compliment. I'm a honest type of person, I don't really lie all that much, as you can obviously see. I only lie when it is to cover something up, like who hires me, or something of that nature." He said and smiled as she walked into the coffee shop. He couldn't help but laugh a little as she had gotten nervous when he told her she held beauty. But he didn't know why, or for what reason. "Why did you get so nervous when i said about your beauty? Does it bother you? Or has no one ever told you that?" He asked and looked about. Nobody was looking at them, so that couldn't be it. Perhaps she'd explain it to him better.

"Ah, yes. The coffee. What would you li-" He was cut off as he heard her say that anything will do. "Okay, than I'll try to impress you. I'll get you one of my favorite French Vanilla. God how i LOOOOVE French Vanilla. I don't know why, but it just tickles my taste buds." He said as he laughed and walked to the counter and bending down and scratching Silhaeng between the ears again. He then stood back up to his full height of six foot two inches. And nodded his head at Honor. "Well, i'll be right back." He said with a smile and walked over to the counters where they actually sold the coffee and smiled at the lady who was behind the counter.

"Hello. I'd like two cups of hand made premium French Vanilla coffee. Oh, and I'll take a coffee cake, and perhaps, a muffin with chocolate chips?" He thought about it for a second. Would she like that? He hoped so. "Yeah. That'll be it please." He said to the lady and she nodded her head and punched it all into the cash register, and it showed the price. Then the lady followed up by telling him the price and saying please. Meaning she needed his money, before they would start making it. He pulled his wallet out and looked inside of it. He was certain he had the cash to cover it. "Alright, and....there forty seven, forty eight dollars, for the change. And you can just go ahead and keep the small change. Thanks."

After a few minutes the coffee was done and then brought it to him, he was still standing at the counter and waited. They also handed him a coffee cake and a chocolate chip muffin. The coffee cake was for him, the Chocolate Chip muffin was for Honor. He grabbed the tray that it was all on, and turned around slowly, as to not spill the coffee, or disrupt it in anyway. As the French vanilla had a swirl in it, cause it was hand made. It was a thing that Kaine just loved about coffee. He walked towards the seats that she had taken and placed the tray down on the table. "Here we are..."
Back to top Go down
Honor Langston

Honor Langston

PostSubject: Re: Chilling in the Courtyard (Open)   Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 6:39 pm

So there was someone in this world who liked French Vanilla just as much as she did. She was surprised, since most people she met thought that Vanilla was boring and thought she was just trying to be nice when she would order vanilla ice cream or whatever. Although she did have to admit that being polite was in the back of her mind when she ordered vanilla, but it was mostly because she just liked it. She had never had it as a coffee flavor, though. Technically speaking Honor hadn't had a lot of coffee flavors, since she didn't drink it much, but after today she might just be addicted to it if Kaine was right about how great it was.

Speaking of Kaine and his exaggerations, he had asked her about why she got so flustered when he complimented her. She obviously hadn't taken it graciously, and now he might be offended or worried he had bothered her. Which of course he hadn't, she had just been caught off guard by it. Her father was very gruff and tough, more likely to compliment his daughter on her good aim at the shooting range than on any beauty she might have, and her mother was devoutly focused on the good inner qualities of people. That left only Dimitri, and following in the footsteps of every little brother before him, he focused on every negative attribute about her he could.

Glancing over at Kaine, she watched as he paid for the coffee. Yeah he had said he was rich, possessing seventeen generations of money or something like that, but he was still spending quite a bit on her. Of course he was also buying stuff for himself, so that would add to the cost. "I just feel like such a bother. Maybe Kaine had just been being polite when he asked me if I wanted to walk with him, not really thinking I would accept, and then he felt like he needed to be even more polite by buying me a drink, which I once more accepted" Honor thought, rubbing the back of Silhaeng's head as she tried to wrap her mind around her situation.

"I'm just not used to people complimenting me. I wasn't bothered by it or anything..." Honor blurted out when Kaine arrived back at the table. Blushing at her awkward outburst, Honor swallowed hard and tried to calm herself down. "Sorry, I'm being really weird" she sighed, wishing she could just disappear from the face of the planet. After a second of silence on her part, she slowly reached out and took one of the coffees off the tray.

"So what got you into your line of work? Was it just because the rest of your family did it, or it sounded interesting, or... what?" She asked, trying to forget about her previous outburst.

((Sorry I didn't get on yesterday. My aunt needed an emergency baby sitter and I didn't get home until 11))
Back to top Go down
Kaine Drago

Kaine Drago

PostSubject: Re: Chilling in the Courtyard (Open)   Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:07 pm

OOC: It's kool. I understand. ^_^

IC:
Kaine had smiled when she blurted out that she didn't dislike the compliment that he had given to her. It was funny though, cause she just, randomly said it. That was the first thing to come out of her mouth as soon as he got back from buying their stuff. He sat the tray down on the table lightly, so as not to disturb her, or the coffee, or anything else on the tray. He sat down slowly as he looked across the table at her. "Well, it's true. I imagine your mother or a sister, may have told you once before?" He said, adding a question in about her family. He wasn't going to push, but if she said something then, that meant that she was opening up to him more.

"My work eh? Hmm. I'd probably say, i wanted to learn everything that my father knew about life, love, and the meaning of. That was just one of the things he taught me. He also taught me how to manage a business, and how to treat a woman. So, i guess you could say cause it's what my family knew, and that i want to learn as much as i possibly can. So far, I know three languages, and can write in four." He said with a smile to her. "Oh, as well, I've been all over the world. From, Europe, to Asia, to Africa, and well, hell to be frank, I've been to Antarctica as well. But that was a long time ago." He said finishing his explanation.

He picked up his coffee and popped the top off of it and took his coffee cake, dipping it into the coffee slowly and eating the bit that was soaked with coffee. He moaned lightly and grinned. "Delicious." He said simply after finishing the food and swallowing it. The food was amazing, but the coffee was even better. It was some really amazing coffee, some that he'd never had anywhere else, except for Colombia. That place had some great tasting coffee. He couldn't help but smile after taking another bite of his coffee cake, and then washing it down with a swig of the coffee itself.

He looked at Honor quickly. "So uh, what are you doing later tonight?" He asked her between drinking his coffee and chewing on his coffee cake. "Cause, if your not doing anything special, I'd like to take you to a very nice place i know of. It's a club of sorts, but it's also just a hang out place. If you don't mind very much, I'd love to take you there." He said with a smile to her, licking his teeth beforehand, to make sure that there wasn't anything on them. He was interested in this girl, and he wanted to take her out, and get to know her a little better than before. If she didn't except it though, that would be fine, he wouldn't push her to do anything that she didn't want to do.
Back to top Go down
Honor Langston

Honor Langston

PostSubject: Re: Chilling in the Courtyard (Open)   Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:49 am

When Kaine asked if her mom or a sister had said she was pretty, Honor shook her head. "My mom focuses on inner beauty, not outer. Of course that suits her just fine since she is simply gorgeous" Honor explained, shrugging her shoulders as she popped the top off coffee. It did look really good, just like Kaine had said. Sipping it lightly, her eyes widened slightly when the first bit hit her tongue. It didn't just look good, it tasted really good too! She would definitely have to remember this place and come back again some time. Besides the great coffee, it gave her a good reason to leave her work and take Silhaeng for a walk, something the little puppy desperately needed.

Still sipping at her coffee, Honor listened as Kaine described his job. Ignoring the fact that he killed people for a living, it sounded really amazing. Learning all those different languages must have been difficult. For Honor, Korean and English had come naturally to her because she had been metaphorically living in both countries for the first ten years of her life. Learning a language you weren't always submerged in would be hard, although according to Kaine he was spending plenty of time all over the world.

"You're really lucky to be able to see the world. I've always wanted to, but a teacher's salary can only get you so far" Honor chuckled before taking another sip of her coffee. "Eventually I hope to be able to find a job teaching in Korea so I can go there, but it's a long ways off for now" she sighed, shrugging her shoulders lightly. At the moment her wish to go to Korea was just a dream, but she hoped it would be made a reality soon.

Glancing over at the muffin Kaine had brought over, Honor carefully took it off the tray and placed it onto a napkin. Tearing off a small piece, she removed the chocolate chips from it and held it in the palm of her hand while reaching under the table. A few seconds later she could feel Silhaeng's tongue against her skin as he gratefully ate up the food. She knew it was a bad thing to teach a young dog, but she just couldn't resist. Smiling at Kaine when he mentioned how great the coffee was, she nodded in agreement and returned her hand to the top of the table.

Popping one of the chocolate chips into her mouth, Honor allowed it to melt in her mouth while she listened to Kaine ask her about later tonight. A club sounded fun, and she did think it would be a good opportunity for her to not only get to meet new people but to also hang out with Kaine more. Then again, there would be plenty of people there. She would most likely just spend the whole time cowering in a corner, wasting both her and, more importantly, Kaine's time.

"Well..." Honor trailed off as she began chewing on her bottom lip. She didn't want to turn Kaine down, especially when he was going out of his way to be nice to her. "Alright. It couldn't hurt to check it out" she decided, smiling at Kaine. "So where is it? That way I can meet you there" she asked before taking another sip of her coffee.
Back to top Go down
Kaine Drago

Kaine Drago

PostSubject: Re: Chilling in the Courtyard (Open)   Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:42 pm

Kaine looked at her funny when she said about her mom. "Oh? Well, that's different, usually i hear moms tell their daughters that their beautiful and pretty, and other things. But okay, I'll have to remember that one, cause it sure ain't norm for this type of situation i suppose. But how would i know eh?" he said and laughed after he finished talking. He was trying to hide something but it wasn't something too important. It was just about his mother, so he didn't really want to talk so much about it. He looked at her smiled and then took a drink of his coffee. It tasted great. The stuff was like liquid gold pouring down his throat. There was nothing better that could be drank, so it's equivilant was gold. The most desired thing in the entire world, maybe even the universe, so it was deserving.

He didn't know what else to say about his job or how to explain anything better for her. But when she mentioned the fact that she wanted to see the world he smiled. "Well, perhaps you'd like to take my jet? Or one of them? I wouldn't mind loaning it to you, so you could go where you want. I'll even take the price for the gas if you wish to go to more than one place. I don't mind at all." He said with a big smile. He couldn't help but smile when he made offers like that, for he was a nice person deep down, and he liked to show it by smiling and making people that he knew happy. It was one of his downfalls as well though. But that was okay, he worked around it.

He smiled when she agreed to come with him to the club. That was what he hoped she would do. He was hoping she'd accept his offer. "Well, it's downtown. But i don't see the need for you to meet me there, as we could just meet in the lobby of the apartments eh? I'll get my driver to take us there. It isn't a problem with me. SO please accept. I'd love for you to come with me to the place." He said with a smile. "Oh, I'll be wearing A blue Tux, so if you would please match that. I'd appreciate it. I have a thing for matching." He said with a grin to her. He didn't want to have her be turned off by that, but he liked to match the person he was going to be going somewhere with.

He looked down under the table at her little puppy. "Ya know, if you keep doing that, he'll go ahead and expect you to feed him every time you eat. I may not have been near dogs before, but I've researched them a lot. They tend to form habits, like we would. So, if you keep doing that, he'll expect something every time you eat." He said with a smile and looked back up at her. This girl was funny, but could be making a mistake feeding the dog like that, not that he would care all that much, but he just pointed it out. He was factual. "Not that i care, i mean, I'd probably do the same exact thing, cause, who could deny that puppy face?" he said with a laugh and looked down at him quickly then back at her.
Back to top Go down
Honor Langston

Honor Langston

PostSubject: Re: Chilling in the Courtyard (Open)   Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:20 pm

Kaine really hadn't been kidding when he said he was rich. As he offered to loan her a jet it was all Honor could do to not let her jaw hit the table. One jet was ridiculous enough, but several? Honor couldn't even comprehend how somebody could possibly manage to have accumulated all that money, even if they were in Kaine's line of work. It was like God had decided one day to just give someone the keys to the world's riches, and Kaine had been the lucky one.

Not that she could accept his offer. They had just met not more than an hour ago, so accepting something like that would be way out of line on her part. No matter how tempting it was, she wouldn't be silly enough to say something that would only embarrass her. After all, what sane person would honestly offer to loan an entire jet to a perfect stranger? It was obviously just a joke, and Honor had walked straight into plenty of jokes to know when to keep her mouth shut.

Of course she hadn't learned to keep her mouth shut in all things. Blushing slightly, Honor lowered her eyes when Kaine mentioned they could just meet in the apartment's lobby. That had been stupid of her. They lived in the same apartment building for crying out loud, why would they need to go out of their way to meet anywhere else? The more pressing question, however, was did she have anything suitable for going to a club? If Kaine was wearing a tux, jeans and a t-shirt were most definitely not going to cut it. She'd have to go and dig through all those boxes of clothes she had stuffed unopened into the closet when she got back to the apartment.

"I'll see what I can do" Honor said, returning Kaine's smile. Even his career wasn't that great, Kaine seemed like the most genuine and kind person Honor had ever met. Thank goodness he had come up to her back at the courtyard, because she was really glad she had met him.

At her feet Honor could feel Silhaeng straighten up when Kaine looked down at him, probably expecting a treat. She didn't mind if he begged around her, but begging around others was definitely a no-no. How she could possibly teach a puppy that was beyond Honor, though.

"I don't really mind sharing my food with him. He's a sweet little guy, so giving him a treat seems only right" Honor shrugged her shoulders, smiling at Kaine as she stroked Silhaeng's head. He pushed his muzzle into the palm of her hand, eagerly licking at her muffin-flavored fingers. As he pushed against her hand to try and get every last crumb off her fingers, Honor's hand bumped against the laptop bag she had resting in the seat beside her. That was right, she still had work to do. Not to mention finding something to wear for tonight, which would take quite a bit of digging around.

"As much as I hate to say it, I should probably be getting back to work on that power point" Honor sighed as she slid out of the seat and swung her bag onto her shoulder. "It's been really nice meeting you, Kaine. And thanks for the coffee" she told him, taking Silhaeng's leash in one hand and the 'Coffee of Gods' in the other. Sensing they were leaving, Silhaeng jumped to his feet and scrambled out from the table. "Bye" Honor mumbled, waving as best she could with both hands full before heading towards the door of the coffee shop and leaving.

-Exit
Back to top Go down
Kaine Drago

Kaine Drago

PostSubject: Re: Chilling in the Courtyard (Open)   Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 9:51 pm

"Alright, I'll see you later then." he said with a smile and finished eating his coffee cake and decided to pick his coffee up and leave as well. This girl was weird sure, but he definitely felt that she was someone different for him. He didn't know why, but he did. So he would try to get to know her better, and hopefully he might get to even date her sometime. That would be nice. Even welcome for Kaine actually. He took one last sip of his coffee and then walked out the door...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chilling in the Courtyard (Open)   Chilling in the Courtyard (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1